Toddler Storytime In-Person
Toddler Storytime at South Regional Library in the Woodlands introduces children to books with simple language and predictable plots. This program introduces toddlers to storytime manners by helping them build listening skills and practice the self-control needed to be a good audience. Toddler Storytime is most appropriate for childrenage 18 months to 3 years old. Each Toddler Storytime is about 25 minutes long and concludes with a simple craft.
Registration is NO LONGER REQUIRED to attend Toddler Time.
To ensure an enjoyable storytime experience for all families, please observe the following guidelines:
- Prepare your child for storytime by talking about storytime manners—sitting or standing still, listening to the storyteller, talking quietly, and being kind to others.
- Some children need to work up to sitting through a full, 30-minute storytime. If your child becomes restless or upset, please step out of the room for a “break”, then quietly return when your child is ready.
- Small children may stand instead of sit, but should not run or climb during storytime.
- Keep casual conversations to a minimum and place cell phones on silent mode.
- Strollers are not allowed in the storytime room. Baby carriers/car seats are acceptable.
- To avoid distracting other children, please refrain from bringing toys or food to storytime. Comfort items (i.e. blankie or small stuffed animal) and "emergency" snack items are permitted.